Saving a square to your personal list
There's a really handy feature on the atlas website that lets you save a square (or multiple squares!) to your personal list. This makes it really easy to quickly zoom in on a square for data entry or for accessing square resources (especially for getting to atlas square resources like maps and the square summary page).
To save a square:
- Head to the atlas website and sign in.
- Head to the "submit data" page (Submit -> submit data)
- Now you'll see the map of North America; zoom in on the map until the square appears (see attached screenshot).
- A box will have appeared best "square name" - enter your square's "nickname" here and then click the save button to the right. Now if you refresh the page, it should appear with the format "[squareID]: [your square's nickname]" in the "Select a square from your personal list" dropdown menu.
- Note that if you want to remove a square from your personal list, just select it from the "Select a square from your personal list" dropdown and click the "Delete" button.
Just a note that if at first it doesn't seem to "save" your square name, try signing out and then signing back in and/or refreshing your browser.