Atlas-3 Discussion Group
The purpose of this group is to create a space where atlassers can share their atlassing stories, tips, photos, interesting reports, or ask atlas-related questions about the breeding birds of Ontario. Please ensure you have read the rules of the group!
Discussion Group Rules:
- Post Relevant Content
- Posts should include content that is relevant to the Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas. Photos, reports, stories, tips, or questions are acceptable so long as they are regarding atlassing or breeding activity of birds in Ontario.
- Each photo post must include the following:
- i) Species
- ii) Date
- iii) Approximate location (city or county only)
- iv) Breeding code whenever possible
- Photo limits
- Only upload ONE photo per post
- Nests and Sensitive Species
- ● Do NOT post exact locations of nests or sightings of rare or sensitive species – this may cause disturbance from increased visitation. Only posts stating city or county level will be accepted
- ● Do NOT disturb nests, these actions can be detrimental to the wellbeing of the bird and its young.
- ● Follow the Code of Conduct provided by Project NestWatch (https://www.birdscanada.org/bird-science/project-nestwatch-coc/)
- No advertisement
- Do not post advertisements, spam, or content from other webpages
- Be respectful of others
- ● All interactions among members must be respectful
- ● No threatening, shaming, or bullying will be tolerated
*Do not use acronyms for species or locations
Posts or members may be removed by moderators if they do not follow Discussion Group Rules