Atlas-3 Media Use Agreement
- This Media Use Agreement is for the specific Media (photograph, video, audio) voluntarily supplied by the Licensor to the Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas-3 Partners (see current list of partners) – hereafter referred to as “the Atlas-3 Partners”.
- The Licensor grants the Atlas-3 Partners a fully paid, royalty-free licence, in perpetuity, to publish and use the Media, in whole or in part, for materials relating specifically to the Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas.
- (If applicable) The Licensor has obtained permission from the subject whose likeness is featured in this submission for the use of the likeness in materials developed by or on behalf the Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas, including posters, photographs, videos, films and multimedia products. The subject releases the Atlas Partners from all liability for any claim of infringement of publicity or privacy rights that the subject might otherwise have had in connection with the use of their likeness. The subject also agrees that the likeness or representations of their likeness may be exhibited, shown or reproduced in any media.
- The Licensor agrees to allow the Media to be modified for use, including, but not limited to, cropping, and changes to contrast, brightness and colour saturation.
- The Licensor warrants that they are the legal owner of the copyright in the Media. This agreement in no way prohibits the Licensor from providing the Media to others for their use, or prohibits the Licensor from using the Media for the Licensor’s own purposes.
- The Licensor hereby releases and discharges the Atlas Partners from any liability for libel, invasion of privacy, and all causes of action and demands whatsoever which the Licensor may at any time incur as a result of any act, matter or thing whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the consent and authorization given by the Licensor in this Agreement.
- The Atlas Partners agree to credit the Licensor by including the Licensor’s name as indicated herein, adjacent to the published Media.
- The Licensor agrees their Media was taken in accordance with the Code of Ethics.
- The Licensor acknowledges reading the entire Media Use Agreement prior to submission and is familiar with the content thereof.